STEP-BY-STEP GUIDELINE: HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT FOR
Before starting the submission process
Prepare your abstract of maximum 250 words (excl. title) and insert it into the template, which can be downloaded here.
Submitting an abstract
- Login to the system using the provided link. You will be asked to enter your e-mail, name, affiliations and contact details to create a profile. NB! You may already have a profile as the system is used for many scientific conferences. In this case use the same password as you have done previously or ask for a new password.
- After completing your profile, click the button saying “Abstracts”
- Choose “Submit an abstract” if you wish to submit a new abstract, or “View my abstracts” if you wish to see your already submitted abstracts. Please note that no changes can be made online to already submitted abstracts.
- Basic Settings: Enter the abstract title and select ‘poster presentation’ as the presentation type (Invited speakers need to select ‘Invited speaker presentation’). Later in the submission you will be asked if you wish to be considered for a short oral presentation. Click “Next”
- Add the authors of the abstract. You can choose yourself by clicking “I am an author” and add more authors by typing the e-mail addresses of the authors. Click “Next”
- Presenting author: Add the presenting author by choosing “I will be the presenter” or choose a presenter from the list of authors by clicking “Choose a presenter”. Please note that the presenting author must be listed as an author of the abstract. Click “Next”
- Category: Choose the category that fits the content of your abstract best. Please note that you may be moved to another category if the reviewers have reason to place your abstract in another category. Click “Next”.
- Conditions: Please answer all questions regarding publication of abstracts on the page by answering “Accept” or “Reject”. Click “Next”
- Upload your abstract. The system checks:
- if you have used the template. If not, the template can be downloaded on the page.
- the number of words used.
- Summary: A summary of your choices and a preview of your abstract will be visible. If you wish to change anything, click the “Back” button below the summary.
- If you agree with the summary, click “Publish” at the bottom of the page. A pop-up window will open asking if you are sure that you wish to publish, Click “Publish “again. Please note that your abstract is not submitted until you have clicked “Submit” in the pop-up window and you are directed to http://www.gim2019.org
- Confirmation: An automatically generated confirmation e-mail will be sent to you within a few minutes after submission.
- Notification of accept/reject will be sent by e-mail to the submitting person by 15 May 2019.
- If accepted, the presenting author must register for the full conference before 1 June 2019 (http://gim2019.org/registration/)